Senior Manager, Finance (Assets)Posted On
: January 29, 2024Location
: Kuala LumpurJob Function
: Finance & AccountingEmployment Type
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Jointly oversees and plan group-wide financial related budgets, forecasts, scorecard, cash flows, solvency statements and inter-company funds transfer.
- Provides oversight of non-Malaysian assets, at this juncture in the United Kingdom and Australia
- Includes annual budget preparation, periodic forecasting, budget monitoring, cash flow planning, tax compliance, tax planning, adherence to all relevant accounting policies and other financial matters pertaining to the Finance operations.
- Exercises management capability to assist the re-organisation and mentoring of sub-groups in the Finance department.
- Participates in corporate exercises, including acquisition of assets and fund-raising activities.
- Jointly oversees the preparation of materials for Board of Directors and Audit and Risk Management Committee meetings.
- Participates in the evaluation of corporate exercises, including acquisition of assets and fund-raising activities.
- Drives process improvement in all relevant Finance-related areas.
- Active interface with the external auditors.
- Assist and play a key role in new business venture projects where required.
- Assist in the preparation of Group annual business plan, specifically asset-related areas.
- Prepare and present budgets and plans, forecasts and reporting materials for the Group.
- Jointly oversees cash flow planning from a Finance workstream perspective, including liaising with treasury and funding teams for drawdown of available facilities.
- Key focal point for all accounting technical related areas (e.g. accounting policies and financial report standards) in the Group, relating to operational assets.
- Responsible for review and analysis of monthly financial statements, including information included in quarterly announcements to Bursa Malaysia, particularly in terms of accuracy and timeliness.
- Reviews relevant subsidiaries’ monthly financial statements.
- Liaison with external auditors, internal auditors, tax agents and company secretary for required statutory requirements.
- Other ad-hoc duties as prescribed by the CFO to assist in achieving the Finance department’s objectives.
REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Possess a professional qualification from an internationally accepted accounting body (e.g. ICAEW, ACCA, MICPA, CPA etc.) or Degree in Accounting
- At least 10 years relevant working experience, with a minimum 3 years’ experience in management role
- Experience in mergers and acquisition exercises, including due diligence scope
- Able to lead and meet deadlines for multiple priorities and projects drawing on disciplines from finance and project management.
- Able to work under pressure, work independently to meet reporting deadlines and meet tight deadlines
- Detail oriented and able to be hands on in preparation of deliverables
- Self-motivated and able to work in a team
- A self-starter, proactive, meticulous, well organized and possesses strong analytical, leadership and interpersonal skills
- Fluent in English (both verbal and written)
- Added advantage:
- Strong understanding and relevant experience of the oil & gas upstream (E&P) industry
- Understanding of requirements of public listed environment in Malaysia