Senior Field Development EngineerPosted On
: January 29, 2024Location
: Kuala LumpurJob Function
: EngineeringEmployment Type
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Mainly responsible in generating company business case development and selection of optimal investment opportunities to support the maturation and development of upstream oil and gas assets.
- Majorly involve in screening of various development options feasibility to maturing them into conceptual design selection and subsequently into definition (FEED) phase.
- As an Integrator in a multi-functional team consisting of technical, legal and commercial personnel and ensure that wide range of technical and commercial concepts are gathered, analysed and recommend value proposition to support the company final investment decision making process. You will also be developing the project plan and execution basis.
- Organize Development Project Planning input into evaluation of upstream oil and gas investment opportunities in feasibility, concept and definition phase.
- Perform new technology survey, market assessment, value creation and identification of business opportunities. Engage with internal or external Subject Matter Experts to check feasibility.
- Perform concept screening, cost estimates and facilitating progression of new project opportunities to final concept selection.
- Coordinate and integrate inputs from other functions (Subsurface, Facilities, Drilling, Commercial etc) to develop a technical and business case for an optimum integrated Subsurface and Surface field development plan.
- Perform techno-economic analysis of various development and operational strategies (Wells, Subsea, Facilities etc), both short and long term.
- Generate a probabilistic assessment of conceptual field development (integrating subsurface geological uncertainties with operational and economic uncertainties).
- Facilitate workshops/brainstorming/Option Identification/Risk assessment sessions to identify range of risk and opportunity outcomes.
- Co-lead early pursuit of opportunity studies to identify additional information needs and/or readiness to proceed to asset acquisition or divestment.
- Complete annual Planning & Budgeting inputs.
- Advocate recommended course of action to decision makers, including external stakeholders such as regulators, joint venture partners and Government agencies.
- Manage and prepare for each project milestone gate review with Management, Partners and Regulators
- Manage the project stakeholder inputs and relationship with senior business leadership, internal functional disciplines, consultants, regulators, joint venture partners and Government agencies.
- Promote HSE and GHG initiatives during early engineering design phase in line with PSC commitments.
- Prioritize and synergize projects with an outlook of overall cost optimization.
- Integrate and manage project risks against cost and value drivers to ensure project success.
REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Degree in Engineering (Chemical and Process, Mechanical, Electrical and Instrumentation, Petroleum) or equivalent technical discipline from a recognized university.
- Minimum 10 years work experience in upstream Oil and Gas environment two or more of the following roles:
- Business Development
- Acquisition / Divestment
- Concept Selection and Project Development
- Project Management
- Facility (Downstream or Upstream)
- Subsurface (Reservoir Engineering or Geosciences)
- Stakeholder and Government engagement
- Project Economics
- Have a strong understanding of subsurface, drilling and facilities technical scopes and details with working experience in any of the above disciplines.
- Have a good understanding of PSC regime and economic model for the opportunities being evaluated.
- Have working knowledge of profitability analysis, able explain results of cash flow and economic analysis to all levels of management to support business final investment decisions.
- Understand the principles of cost estimating; work with available cost estimating tools
(eg: Questor) and Schedule planner to develop screening estimates for a broad range of development concepts.
- Have a good understanding and experience risk assessment and management.
- Excellent English communication skills, both verbal and in writing.
- Ability to work with a multi-functional and diverse workforce to drive alignment & influence key outcomes.
- Communicates clearly and has demonstrated ability to manage complex issues effectively / clear articulation of business case / value proposition that resonates with management / leadership teams.
- Basic understanding of statistical principles to assist in probabilistic modelling and characterization of opportunity uncertainty.
- Experience in greenfield development or large capital projects planning (FDP) and Pre-FEED is an added advantage.