Senior Allocation, Metering & Allocation AnalystPosted On
: January 29, 2024Location
: Kuala LumpurJob Function
: Operated AssetEmployment Type
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Demonstrate, and work in a manner consistent with, the Repsol values of INTEGRITY, RESPONSIBILITY, TRANSPARENCY, FLEXIBILITY and INNOVATION.
- Provide expert flow measurement advice and act as the Company Technical Authority in dialogue with the Regulator, Partners and other Stakeholders. Represent the Company in various technical and commercial forums on allocation and reporting.
- Lead the Measurement & Allocation Team comprising Engineers, Specialists and Accountants that are responsible for Metering & Measurement, Production Allocation, Hydrocarbon Accounting and Production Reporting.
- Act as custodian and be responsible for custody transfer metering, multi-phase flow metering, operational metering and well testing measurement & metering, being entirely conversant with the technologies, processes, and practices in relation to this specialized equipment.
- Develop and own a Measurement & Allocation plan that covers all key activities in a manner consistent with best industry practice and in accordance with the Company’s strategic aim. Be custodian of a risk register that lists measurement and complex allocation risk and mitigations. Identify and plan improvements to measurement accuracy and regulatory compliance.
- Act as custodian on the production data/allocation system and allocation methodologies. Identify and plan projects to design or improve data capture, reporting and related analysis. Liaise with IT, Production Operations, Sub- Surface teams on relevant issues.
- Develop and implement any changes required to the allocation algorithms related to facilities upgrades, new field tie-ins and/or well configuration changes. Liaise with host government regulatory bodies to gain necessary approvals.
- Evaluate facility projects and modifications and provide expert advice on measurement points and technology. Lead and assist with implementation of these developments and performance improvements in accordance with the relevant Management of Change processes, and accounting or regulatory requirements.
- Act as custodian for all relevant metering and allocation contracts, monitoring the relevant contractors, contract use, budgeting, cost control and accruals for the department. Liaise with the Methods group, Production Operations, HSE and Supply Chain Management on all relevant issues.
- Manage the development of local staff through personal development plans and a succession plan that is consistent with business needs, paying particular attention to the process of developing, promoting, and transferring competent and high potential nationals, and of Malaysianisation.
- Measure Key Performance Indicators. Prepare and provide all necessary analysis, allocations, reports, and presentations relating to measurement & allocation to partners, regulatory bodies, the corporation and other stakeholders. Represent the PM3 & Kinabalu Assets and present as necessary in stakeholder meetings and forums.
- Provide expert technical and process support and advice when required by other functions, particularly Production Operations. Work positively and cooperatively as a key member of staff to positively influence efforts to ensure safety, production and operational objectives are met.
- As and when required, provide support by managing specific projects, particularly in areas where previous experience and exposure provides background knowledge and insight that would be beneficial to a successful project outcome.
- Oversee implementation of the Production Loss Management System.
REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Engineering or equivalent technical education background in O&G discipline.
- Minimum 15 years of upstream oil & gas industry experience, in a senior Measurement & Reporting role. The candidate shall have at least 5 years supervisory experience. Preference will be given to those with demonstrable success in managing a multi-national and multi-cultural team, with all the additional sensitivities this represents.
- An excellent knowledge of upstream oil & gas measurement and allocation best practice. A good working knowledge of upstream production processes and process plant, and an excellent knowledge of measurement and metering technology and instrumentation are essential.
- An extensive general knowledge of the upstream Oil & Gas industry, with an excellent understanding of Contractors obligations under a PSC and JOA.
- Conversant with PPGUA requirements and international standards relating to measurement and reporting.
- Highly proficient computer skills with standard desk top applications with expert knowledge of MS Excel and Pi.
- Excellent VBA and SQL programming skills.
- Results-oriented, with a proper appreciation of the need to meet targets and deliver on commitments.
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to lead and motivate a multi- discipline/multi-cultural team.
- An enthusiastic team player with excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Well organized, with a good appreciation of proper planning and the importance of applying proper processes and systems to assure best business results.