Metering Engineer (2-Year Contract)Posted On
: December 20, 2023Location
: Kuala LumpurJob Function
: Reservoir Surveillance and Optimization - AssetEmployment Type
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- To be part of the team covering operations and maintenance aspect of fiscal, allocation and operational metering system and understand its implication to the production performance and production allocation execution.
- Able to work collaboratively with the team to achieve full uptime availability of metering system with accurate data feed into allocation system.
- Review daily meter ticket and production data feed into allocation system. Able to highlight to the team and able to plan for remedial action pertaining to metering.
- Execute maintenance plan for fiscal, allocation & operational metering system and ensure compliance as per the respective requirements.
- Review, submit fiscal and allocation metering validation report to host government. • Provide flow measurement advice to other departments to accurately measure aligning with the process requirements.
- Continuous review of the measurement systems to identify potential improvement. • Identify any mismeasurements or potential mismeasurements and to create irregularities report.
- Review audit findings, plan and execute actions to resolve.
- To raise purchase request for vendor mobilization, ensure vendor performs the works as expected, check vendor timesheet, manage spare part inventory, place order for parts replacement and other relevant task for vendor management.
- Able to prepare routine and ad-hoc reports as required.
- Manage activities within approved budget.
- Support offshore personnel in the day-to-day operations.
REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in a related Engineering discipline.
- At least 7 to 10 years’ experience in metering and allocation role with a major oil & gas industry or related company.
- Computer literate and conversant with all standard Microsoft desktop applications. • Ability to work across functional and organizational lines to influence improvements & compliance enforcement.
- Ability to demonstrate all the necessary written, verbal and computer communication skills necessary to develop, amend and provide concise comments for documents in English. • Ability to demonstrate good supervisory and management skills.
- Able to monitor metering system performance and advise for improvement.
- Conversant with PPGUA requirement on Hydrocarbon Gas and Liquid Measurement. • Aware of all relevant IP, API, AGA, BS and ISO standards and codes of practice. • Familiar with relevant practices and procedures for project management of supply of metrological equipment and systems.
- Experience in the operation and maintenance requirements for liquid and gas metering systems (knowledge of design advantageous).
- Capable of preparing metering operational and maintenance procedures and supervising the execution.
Contract duration: 2 years