Cybersecurity ManagerPosted On
: December 15, 2023Location
: Kuala LumpurJob Function
: Information TechnologyEmployment Type
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- To implement, maintain, manage, and enhance the organization’s cybersecurity programs. • To safeguard our Infotech assets, ensuring compliance with security policies, and responding to cybersecurity threats and incidents.
- Manage a team of cybersecurity professionals and oversee day-to-day security operations. • Oversee and manage the day-to-day security operations, including continuous security incident monitoring, threat detection, and timely incident response.
- Lead and mentor the cybersecurity team, ensuring they are trained and well-prepared to handle security tasks and incidents effectively.
- Implementing best practices for Cybersecurity compliance and culture within the business. • Develop and enforce security policies, procedures, and guidelines to ensure compliance and best practices are followed throughout the organization.
- Conduct regular security risk assessments and vulnerability assessments, identifying potential threats and weaknesses in the organization’s infrastructure.
- Manage and maintain security tools and technologies such as intrusion detection systems, firewalls, antivirus software, and encryption tools.
- Promote a culture of security awareness among employees by developing and conducting training programs and security drills.
- Assist in the development and execution of the incident response plan, working closely with leadership and relevant stakeholders in managing and mitigating security incidents.
- Ensure the organization complies with relevant regulations and standards, working closely with vendors, peers and leadership on regulatory reporting and audits.
- Collaborate with relevant stakeholders on security projects, which may include the evaluation and implementation of new security technologies, software, or policies.
- Monitor and report on security metrics and key performance indicators, providing regular updates.
- You will be expected to proactively identify opportunities to enhance processes, streamline operations, and optimize the performance of your respective areas.
- Your success in this position will be measured not only by meeting current standards but by consistently seeking ways to improve and innovate, contributing to the ongoing success and growth of the business.
- Continuous improvement initiatives will be a KPI in your role, and you will be encouraged to foster this culture within your team.
- Implement quality control measures to ensure the highest level of software quality and reliability based on industry standards and best practices.
- Conduct software testing and reviews.
- Manage the budget for software development and maintenance initiatives, optimizing resource allocation.
REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s degree graduate holder.
- More than 10 years’ experience in information technology with 5+ years of direct information security experience.
- Advanced understanding of TCP/IP, common networking ports and protocols, traffic flow, system administration, OSI Model, defense-in-depth, and common security elements. • Proficiency with any of the following: Anti-Virus, IPS, SIEM.
- Direct experience analysing high volumes of logs, network data (e.g., NetFlow) and other attacks artifacts in support of incident investigation.
- Experienced working in medium to large organization.
- In-depth technical knowledge of Cybersecurity technologies and Security best practices. • Understanding of information security from both a technology and business perspective. • Working knowledge of the oil and gas industry is an added advantage.
- Ability to present security topics to a non-technical audience and presenting the business value of security.
- Good command of written and verbal business English.
- Strong analytical, planning, organization, and investigation skills.
- Must be able demonstrate the following core skills:
- Information Security & Systems.
- Knowledgeable on Security Operations.
- Knowledgeable on Network Security.
- Knowledgeable on Vulnerability Assessment.
- Knowledgeable on Information Assurance.
- Analytical thinking and problem-solving ability; and
- Ability to organize work, prioritize tasks and manage multiple and changing priorities. • Ability to work independently with minimal guidance.
- Collaborator who always provide his assistance and work closely with other peers. • Good business acumen, ability to interact with internal and external parties in a professional manner.