Crane & Lifting Equipment EngineerPosted On
: December 8, 2023Location
: Kuala LumpurJob Function
: Maintenance & Operations SupportEmployment Type
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage all crane and lifting equipment maintenance activities at onshore and offshore preventive maintenance program.
- Contribute to the content of the Preventative Maintenance Routine and Lifting Management System content and review process on a regular basis.
- Provide technical support and materials purchase for crane and lifting PM &CM
- Steward to the contract crane maintenance contract including Annual Contracting Plan (ACP), pre and post contract management and contractor’s KPI.
- Managing crane & lifting equipment work order (WO) to be in-line with CMMS and Integrated Operations Planning (IOP)
- Prepare & review the work pack and Task Risk Assessment (TRA) for crane job prior to work execution.
- Review and update spare parts usage and inventory stock item requirements at KSB/TBSB/ASB and offshore Warehouse to support crane maintenance activities.
- Travel to offshore platforms and provide field support to offshore maintenance team on matters within area of expertise.
- Monitor and ensure all mobilized vendors are strictly complied with the HSE requirement including PTW, TRA, PPE and any other safety campaign initiated at Platform facilities.
- Provide budget input related to crane & lifting equipment cost code including yearly Work Program Budget (WPB), quarterly budget reforecast, monthly budget accruals, vendor payment KPI etc.
- To coordinate with Integrity Team on Pedestal Crane yearly recertification activity. Management of Change (MOC) document to be raised for any deviations to operate the crane with mitigations in place.
- Liaise with OEM and crane Specialist (local & oversea) for any improvement plan that need to be initiated.
- Subject Matter Expert (SME) for all lifting operations including complex lifting procedures, taking part in Risk Assessments and approval process.
- Liaise with offshore team on all works pertaining to crane and lifting equipment activities.
- Liaise with third party contractor and vendor/ specialist to carry out crane maintenance program offshore including preparing work packs, work procedures, check list and Risk Assessment (RA). Ensure all documentations and reports are submitted as close out.
- Attend relevant meeting and provide technical support and field support to offshore team.
- Custodian for crane maintenance strategy.
- Participate in audits, safety reviews and provide technical input from crane and lifting equipment perspective as and when required.
- Participate in Group internal audits, safety reviews and provide technical input from crane and lifting equipment perspective as and when required.
- Attend Operations Department Integrated Operations Planning (IOP), Department Integrated Asset Planning (IAP) and Shutdown Planning Activities.
- Liaise with other department team (well/ engineering /project) for any work program involve heavy lifting activities.
REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Degree in Mechanical Engineering or a similar educational background.
- Minimum 8 years of experience in Crane & lifting equipment maintenance in oil and gas (upstream) industries.
- Well-versed and knowledgeable with API 2D / API 2C and other relevant international codes and standards.
- High standard in technical report writing and oral English.
- Experienced in all type of crane and manufacturer (Favco/ American Aero / etc.) are recognize.
- Knowledgeable with offshore work environment
- Familiar with the standard engineering practices and able to read & understand technical drawings associate to cranes.
- Familiar with maintenance system (CMMS) and Maximo system are preferred.